- Regional Director of Operations – Healthcare
- Nonfood services e.g. linen, maintenance, housekeeping etc.
- Based on the Sunshine Coast – Western Canada
- Management of 40+ healthcare sites and associated annual budget
Regional Director of Operations – Healthcare is required at Compass Group to manage operations encompassing over 40 hospitals/ care sites and associated annual budget.
Crothall Canada delivers facilities management and engineering, asset energy management, housekeeping, laundry and linen, call centre support and patient transportation to a variety of clients including over 800 hospitals across Canada and the U.S. Crothall is part of Compass Group, one of the world's largest providers of integrated support services to clients and customers in the workplace; at schools and colleges; in hospitals; leisure facilities and in defence, remote and offshore locations. With offices in 50+ countries and revenues exceeding GBP £17.5 billion in 2013, Compass Group is the 10th largest employer globally and the world's largest Catering Company.
The Regional Director of Operations will manage 40+ sites/operations on the Sunshine Coast (southern mainland coast of British Columbia - Canada). They will lead and support multi-unit management teams to achieve operational and financial goals within an innovative and collaborative healthcare model which they will help shape. This role will cover all non-food support services
We are seeking a highly intelligent and credible leader with a fresh, strategic perspective and approach. They must have a strong process and account management focus while being creative, innovative and flexible – able to embrace and enhance a new model of healthcare. Excellent interpersonal and written skills will be 'key' to deal with contacts and colleagues at all levels, from the ground level to the 'C' Suite.
The Regional Director of Operations will bring strong strategic capabilities, communication and leadership skills, preferably augmented with a knowledge base of healthcare and environmental services. This role must be able to collaborate effectively with stakeholders and senior leadership to ensure that all quality standards are achieved.
The Regional Director will work with financial teams to develop budgets, forecasts and operational plans. They will implement and support new business strategies in collaboration with Compass support functions to ensure adherence to budget, and to achieve total cost of ownership initiatives.
They will maintain a strong team by attracting, developing and retaining stellar associates, developing succession plans for key positions, and providing a safe and supportive work environment where teams are well-developed.
This senior leader will successfully coordinate and support all departmental activities and decisions. They will work effectively with all levels of staff regarding matters relating to environmental services, infection control, waste stream management, linen distribution and subcontractor management. They will demonstrate strong commitment and follow-through to drive results and innovation.
- Demonstrate stellar communication skills with clients and stakeholders.
- Work closely with designated leads to develop and achieve innovation initiatives, and to encourage associate creativity and innovation.
- Lead and mentor unit operations to ensure Compass Canada/Crothall EVS (Environmental Services) operations are compliant with current legislation, regulatory agencies, industry contracts and company standards while developing future standards and SOPs.
- Demonstrate knowledge of environmental services policies. Visit units to work with EVS district and site managers to observe operations, determine priorities and QA best practices by establishing standards, training, operational procedures and audit tools.
- Oversee labour relations processes for unionized accounts by interacting with labour representatives, administering fair policies and procedures.
- Support on-site management in the creation of programs, and deliver training to staff, supervisors and management. Conduct needs analyses, recommend and initiate improvements to Crothall training in collaboration with corporate trainers and HR.
- Support new business activities in sales and diligence, including financial analyses, operational reviews, presentations, preparation of formal reports and proposals.
- Participate and add value to hospital committees (i.e. Infection Control/Safety Committee).
- Provide recommendations for replacement of equipment/furnishings.
- Establish, enhance and implement policies and procedures, work standards and work flow/processes.
- Demonstrate and promote Crothall Services culture, values and management philosophy.
- Be proactive in the achievement of facility goals and objectives.
- Become a market specialist, integral in talent acquisition, and oversee technical orientation, professional development, and industry networking while promoting professionalism and ethical best practices.
- Lead company initiatives in environmental, energy management and environmental stewardship, practices and programs, and work to reinforce our position as an industry leader.
- Provide account-based management support during critical and extraordinary situations, and work collaboratively with technical and program leaders to achieve greater impact
Essential Qualifications (please only apply if you tick every box)
- Strong, strategic, results-oriented leader/manager (including budgetary and contract management skills) with significant multi-unit management experience in either healthcare or housekeeping.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and conceptually, with evidence of having achieved collaborative results across various departments and disciplines.
- Self-starter, critical thinker, problem-solver and decision-maker.
- Process-oriented in tandem with creativity, innovation, flexibility.
- Solid background with exceptional client relations.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, motivate and develop direct reports and front-line staff during times of change and shifting priorities.
- Excellent organizational, presentation and communication skills (verbal and written).
- Minimum post-secondary education (diploma or degree) from an accredited institution.
- Demonstrated labour relations experience in a unionized setting.
- Valid driver's license and the ability to travel overnight 30% of the time, with 60-70% travel within the Lower Mainland area.
- Computer literate, MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook) proficiency with mobile office tools including: laptop computers, cell phones, blackberry, etc.
Your commitment to quality service delivery will be rewarded with excellent career and development opportunities. As an organisation that's proud of its great people, we believe in the opportunity to recognise and share success, that's why we offer a competitive salary & benefits package.
Relocation support / expenses will be provided as required.